Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Intro


Hi everyone!
I guess I should start with a brief introduction and mission statement. It'll clear up a lot of questions about me before you decide whether or not my opinions on filmic issues carry any weight.
This is me in the photograph to the right of this text. I have spent the past 5 years of my life studying film both technically and academically and while I thrive on the drama and frustration of the former, I feel I have more of a passion for the latter. It was with that in mind that I decided to return to college and study for my Masters in Film Theory and History which I will be starting in Trinity College, Dublin in October. I hope to eventually become a teacher and writer of all things cinematic. That's where this blog comes in. I felt I needed somewhere to hone my writing skills and even my film-watching skills (oh yes, there are skills involved). So, I decided to publish an online blog consisting of critiques of films I watch on a day to day basis. They may be new films, they may be old films, but I do hope to develop some sort of back catalogue of articles for my own reference and perhaps for any members of the public who decide to check in now and then.
So, now that you know me, have a read of my blog, enjoy it, leave comments and criticisms if you wish. There's no such thing as a definitive opinion, only personal taste...I say that now but just wait til someone starts to argue with me :)
Thanks for readin'
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment